Friday, November 9, 2007

#15 Library 2.0 & Web 2.0




Very interesting the comments that I read on the 2 selected sites. I chose "Away from Icebergs" and "To better bibliographic services". They were both very positive in their thoughts about Library 2.0 & Web 2.0. I too see many benefits, but who can really be happy with lugging a laptop to bed?
I can see how the Non fiction areas of libraries, can and would be affected, as the internet is the most up-to-date way of accessing current factual information. It has a plethora of information awaiting the fingertips of any would-be researcher out there in cyberspace.
Fiction on the other-hand is a different "kettle of fish". Who can beat snuggling up with a good crime novel late at night? Fiction is many people's form of escapism. It can transport you away to another place or time, at the "turn of a page". So for this reason alone, I say "long live fiction!!"
Now that I have had my say, I will get off my soap-box!
This Picture was courtesy of Brian Bowrin & Flickr

No comments: